Armchair BEA: Tuesday Post Favourite Reads in 2012


First, a big thank you to the awesome Armchair BEA organisers. The page, posts, participants and events are a nice compensation for everyone not able to be in NYC this week. I didn't have time to do an Armchair BEA post yesterday. But today I want to share my favourite reads of 2012 so far and two BEA 2012 titles I want to count to my favourites soon!  


Let's start with three of my favourite YA contempories. Wanderlove (Kirsten Hubbard) overwhelmed me with its fascinating and exotic scenery. The Fault In Our Stars (John Green) made me cry as much as no other book before. And When You Were Mine (Rebecca Serle) is a fresh and perfectly engaging new take on one of my favourite plays, Romeo and Juliet.




Insurgent (Veronica Roth) and City of Lost Souls (Cassandra Clare) were both on top of my list of most anticipated books of 2012 and they definitely didn't disappoint. Both authors belong to my favourites and it just felt so good to spend time with Jace & Clary and Tris & Four again. Another book that totally surprised me with its awesomeness is Shatter Me (Tahereh Mafi), a 2011 debut. 





Two BEA 2012 books I'm sure will belong to my favourites soon are Stealing Parker (Miranda Kenneally) and The Raven Boys (Maggie Stiefvater).




If you could choose two BEA titles to land in your mailbox in the blink of an eye which would you pick?



You have just read the article entitled Armchair BEA: Tuesday Post Favourite Reads in 2012. Please read the article from Black Shadow Books About http://blackshadowbooks.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-tuesday-post-favourite.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Black Shadow Books