YA Tricksters & Treats

YA Tricksters & Treats is part of my YA Halloween Fear Factor special this week. Today's post was originally named 'Villains You Can't Resist'. But when I thought about the YA boys who had to be on my list, I couldn't exactly think of them as villains, more as bad boys. So here are my Top 5 YA bad boys to go on a Halloween date with + candy supplies. Be careful what kind of Halloween dates they have planned for you though!


Top 5 YA Halloween Date Ideas

Psychiatry, Torture Chamber, Birds, Tunnel, City of Bones


 # 5 City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - Meet the Silent Brothers in their City of Bones.

# 4 The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson - Go on a hunt for the Ripper in the underground tunnels of London.

# 3  Divergent by Veronica Roth - Let your inner fears overwhelm you in your very own fear landscape.

# 2 The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa - Spend some time with psycho vampire Sarren in his torture chamber

# 1 The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - Visit an old psychiatry at night.



Top 5 YA Bad Boys To Date


# 5 Cole - Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Mathias Lauridsen as Cole, Licorice Lollipop

"I was in the neighborhood," he said, answering the question I was about to ask. His lips twitched. "You know, wandering around, trying to be a hero." 

Cole is set on becoming the new king of the underworld. Very ambitious and absolutely sure of himself. He's not my type, but once he works his rockstar charm he has every girl falling at his feet. He'll surprise you with an underworld treat, Homemade Licorice Lollipops



 
# 4 Ren -Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

Model, Butterscotch Walnut Truffle

"The smoke of aged wood lingering beneath a chilled autumn sky, the smooth burn of well-worn leather, the seductive ribbon of sandalwood. I closed my eyes, letting his scent pour over me, filling me with memories." 

Butterscotch Walnut Truffles seem to be a good choice of sweet treat for someone who's always on the move, ready to throw himself into battle. Ren's a warrior, an Alpha wolf. He is a powerful fighter and has a strong will. He always knew that his love for Calla was true and from page one I wanted her to pick Ren over Shay. He's gorgeous and passionate, hard to resist.
 



# 3 Kaidan - Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins 

Rob Wilson as Kaidan, Candy Apples

 “He was smoking hot. As in H-O-T-T, hott. I’d never understood until that moment why girls insisted on adding an extra t. This guy was extra-t-worthy.” 

Wendy Higgins' SWEET EVIL and SWEET PERIL are two of my favourite YA books. As the son of the Duke of Lust Kaidan was born into a world of sins, crime and hate. He's been trained to be the perfect seducer, and seducing he does in SWEET EVIL. He's bad news, but so irresistible! Only think of being fed Candy Apples by Kaidan...




 # 2 The Darkling - Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

Model, Black & White Candy Canes

"The problem with wanting," he whispered, his mouth trailing along my jaw until it hovered over my lips, "is that it makes us weak."

SHADOW AND BONE by Leigh Bardugo was a very surprising 2012 read of mine. That's because I didn't think that I'd like the story when everyone kept recommending Leigh's debut novel. I fell head over heels in love with Mal,  Alina's best friend and never really considered the Darkling as a possible love interest. He is a very secretive and dark character, who has worked his magic on many YA readers. He'd bring Black & White Candy Canes to your date. Maybe there's some love magic in them, too.




# 1 Warner - Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
 
 Arthur Sales as Warner, Toffee Crunch Cupcakes

"It's hard to believe there's blood on the hands of the person I'm staring at. He looks soft and vulnerable-so human. His eyes are squinting from all his grinning and his cheeks are pink from the cold.
He has dimples.
He's easily the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
And I wish I'd never seen it." 

Here he is, my little Toffee Crunch Cupcake. What do you think, would Warner be okay with that pet name [laughs]? When I read SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi I knew I just had to be Team Adam. Because who would want Juliette to end up with this disturbed guy who wanted to use her as his weapon? Okay, stop screaming, I know there are actually many readers who have been shipping for Warner from the very beginning. And Tahereh made me like him so much better in UNRAVEL ME, the sequel to SHATTER ME. He fast became one of my favourite characters in the series and when you read it and you know about the steamy scenes he's involved in, you know why I voted him as my number one book bad boy to go on a Halloween date with.



Q! Which one is your favourite YA bad boy or villian? And which date would you go on?

You have just read the article entitled YA Tricksters & Treats . Please read the article from Black Shadow Books About , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://blackshadowbooks.blogspot.com/2013/11/ya-tricksters-treats.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Black Shadow Books