Top 10 Most Romantic Moments & Love Declarations in YA Part 1

Everyone must have favourite scenes and moments in YA. Here are moments I read more than once and love declarations that warmed my heart. Today I’m sharing the couples and moments that made it on the places ten to six. The scenes are rather long, but totally perfect as there are. I can’t cut them. And I really don't want to. Pictures found on We Heart It.What do you think?


10. Katniss & Peeta, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


“If Peeta and I were both to die, or they thought we were....My fingers fumble with the pouch on my belt, freeing it. Peeta sees it and his hand clamps on my wrist. "No, I won't let you." "Trust me," I whisper. He holds my gaze for a long moment then lets go. I loosen the top of the pouch and pour a few spoonfuls of berries into his palm. Then I fill my own. "On the count of three?" Peeta leans down and kisses me once, very gently. "The count of three," he says. We stand, our backs pressed together, our empty hands locked tight. "Hold them out. I want everyone to see," he says. I spread out my fingers, and the dark berries glisten in the sun. I give Peeta's hand one last squeeze as a signal, as a good-bye, and we begin counting. "One." Maybe I'm wrong. "Two." Maybe they don't care if we both die. "Three!" It's too late to change my mind. I lift my hand to my mouth taking one last look at the world. The berries have just passed my lips when the trumpets begin to blare. The frantic voice of Claudius Templesmith shouts above them. "Stop! Stop! Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to present the victors of the 74th Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark! I give you - the tributes of District 12!”



“You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real.”



 
9. Tris & Four, Divergent by Veronica Roth


For a second his dark eyes are on mine, and he's quiet.
Then he touches my face and leans in close, brushing my
lips with his. The river roars and I feel its spray on my
ankles. He grins and presses his mouth to mine.
    I tense up at first, unsure of myself, so when he pulls
away I'm sure I did something wrong, or badly. But he
takes my face in his hands, his fingers strong against my
skin, and kisses me again, firmer this time, more certain.
I wrap an arm around him, sliding my hand up his
neck and into his short hair.
    For a few minutes we kiss, deep in the chasm, with
the roar of water all around us.



“I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though.”



8. Meghan & Ash, The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
  

"A soft noise, almost a sob. Ash rose, histated, as if fighting the compulsion to obey. "I will always be your knight, Meghan Chase," he whispered in a strained voice, as if every moment he remained was painful to him. "And I sweart, if there is a way for us to be together, I will find it. No matter how long it takes. If I have to chase your soul to the ends of eternity, I won't stop until I find you, I promise." 


  
“My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court...Let it be known--from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. "I am yours.”


7. Juliette & Adam, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


Adam’s arms wrap around me until he’s tugged me up and I’m wobbling on my legs and we’re both standing upright. He steps into the shower and slides the door shut behind him. I gasp.
 He holds me up against the wall and I see nothing but his white T-shirt soaked through, nothing but the water dancing down his face, nothing but his eyes full of a world I’m dying to be a part of.
“It wasn’t your fault,” he whispers.
“It’s what I am,” I choke.
“No. Warner’s wrong about you,” Adam says. “He wants you to be someone you’re not, and you can’t let him break you. Don’t let him get into your head. He wants you to think you’re a monster. He wants you to think you have no choice but to join him. He wants you to think you’ll never be able to live a normal life-“
“ But I won’t live a normal life.” I swallow a hiccup. “Not ever- I’ll n-never-“
Adam is shaking his head. “You will. We’re going to get out of here. I won’t let this happen to you.”
“H-how could you possibly care about someone…like me?” I’m barely breathing, nervous and petrified but somehow staring at his lips, studying the shape, counting the drops of water tumbling over the hills and valleys of his mouth.
“Because I’m in love with you.”



“It's been me and you against the world forever," he says. "It's always been that way.”



6. Ellie & Will, Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton


“He reached forward to cup my cheek, the touch surprising me. "Please understand that no matter what I am or what has happened in the past, I am yours. I am devoted to you above all else, including my own life."
I exhaled after holding my breath for what felt like forever. "That's pretty heavy, Will."
His expression was impassioned, and the backs of his fingers brushed the side of my neck.
"It is a burden I am glad to carry.”




“I hate... I hate when you die. It destroys me. I know I have no right to be so upset, because I'm not the one losing my life, but it breaks me apart inside. I'm not very good with words, and I dont know how to explain to you how I feel. I get lonely when you aren't with me. I miss you. And every time you die, a little piece of me dies with you.”


You have just read the article entitled Top 10 Most Romantic Moments & Love Declarations in YA Part 1. Please read the article from Black Shadow Books About http://blackshadowbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-10-most-romantic-moments-love_12.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Black Shadow Books