Coveresque feat. Love and other perishable items by Laura Buzo (US vs. Australian vs.German)



AUS                                                US                                       German

A new week and I've got three new covers for you. Laura Buzo is an Australian author who published her debut novel GOOD OIL in 2010. Some of you might better know it as LOVE AND OTHER PERISHABLE ITEMS, released in the US in the end of 2012. Before I came across the gorgeous US cover I hadn't heard about Laura's novel (sadly so, many of my favourite books were written by Aussie authors and I'm glad about every new finding).

The Australian cover promises a nice contemporary read. We see the two protagonists Amelia and Chris in front of a blurry background. It's a decent cover but nothing that would immediately attract my attention in a bookstore. But isn't the girl's smile beautiful? I really like her laugh.

The US cover is stunning in its simplicity. Love the colors and the motive + also the font is very cool. It was that cover that first drew my attention to the book!

As always I'm not very impressed by the German cover. The pinkish colors are too dominant for my taste and the cover as a whole looks more fitting for a middle grade story. You see that someone has put a lot of effort and creativity into the cover design though!

Which one do you like best?



You have just read the article entitled Coveresque feat. Love and other perishable items by Laura Buzo (US vs. Australian vs.German). Please read the article from Black Shadow Books About http://blackshadowbooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/coveresque-feat-love-and-other.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Black Shadow Books