Coveresque feat. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (US vs. Swedish vs.German)

US                                        Swedish                                    German

SHATTER ME was an awesome read! And I'm very happy that I own a hardcover copy of this book, because it is gorgeous. It expresses power and it's so shiny. I like the cover model and the dominance and contrast of the white and greyish-black colors. And the font design is one of my favourites!

Did you notice the counting in the background of the Swedish cover? It's one important element of SHATTER ME. I always enjoy when cover designers decide to give small hints and show a bit of what the story will be like. But I don't like its cover model and colors as much as the US ones.
I think the Swedish title says "Don't touch me". Hope that translation's correct?

The German title means something like "I'm not afraid". The background isn't that bad, but I don't really like the figure in the cover centre since it was already used on the US cover of Leigh Fallon's CARRIER OF THE MARK.

Which do you like best?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Italien & French cover
 
You have just read the article entitled Coveresque feat. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (US vs. Swedish vs.German). Please read the article from Black Shadow Books About http://blackshadowbooks.blogspot.com/2012/05/coveresque-feat-shatter-me-by-tahereh.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Black Shadow Books