Teaser: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Today's the release date of Veronica Roth's second book in the DIVERGENT series. Happy Birthday INSURGENT (what I pity I have to wait some more days until I can cuddle you and read you over and over again). For those of you who haven't read DIVERGENT yet, here's a teaser from one of my favourite scenes in the book. Read it!


Divergent by Veronica Roth 


In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.

Summary by Goodreads



"Are you human, Tris? Being up this high..." He gulps for air. "It doesn't scare you at all?"
I look over my shoulder at the ground. If I fall now, I will die. But I don't think I will fall.
A gust of air presses against my left side, throwing my body weight to the right. I gasp and cling to the rungs, my balance shifting. Four's cold hand clamps aound one of my hips, one of his fingers finding a strip of bare skin just under the hem of my T-shirt. He squeezes, steadying me and pushing me gently to the left, restoring my balance.
Now I can't breathe. I pause, staring at my hands, my mouth dry. I feel the ghost of where his hand was, his fingers long and narrow.
"You okay?" he asks quietly.
"Yes," I say, my voice strained.

p. 144



 
You have just read the article entitled Teaser: Divergent by Veronica Roth. Please read the article from Black Shadow Books About http://blackshadowbooks.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-divergent-by-veronica-roth.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Black Shadow Books