Teaser: Soul Screamers Volume One by Rachel Vincent



Nash took my free hand in his, and I forgot whatever I'd seen. He pushed my hair back from my right ear. I couldn't understand most of what he whispered to me, but I gradually came to realize that his actual words weren't important. What mattered was his proximity. His breath on my neck. His warmth melting into mine. His scent surrounding me. His voice swirling in my head, insulating me from the scream still ricocheting against my skull. He was calming me with nothing more than his presence, his patience and whispered words of what sounded like a child's rhyme, based on what little I caught.
And it was working. My anxiety gradually faded, and dim, gritty color leaked back into the world. My fingers relaxed around his hand. My lungs expanded fully, and I sucked in a sharp, frigid breath, suddenly freezing as sweat from the club dried on my skin.
The panic was still there, in the shadowed corners of my mind, in the dark spots on the edge of my vision. But I could handle it now. Thanks to Nash.
"You okay?" he asked when I turned my head to face him, the bricks cold and rough against my cheek.
I nodded. And that's when a new horror descended: utter, consuming, inescapable mortification, most awful in its longevity. The panic attack was all but over, but humiliation would last a lifetime.
I'd completely lost it in front of Nash Hudson. My life was over [...]. 

p. 75-76

You have just read the article entitled Teaser: Soul Screamers Volume One by Rachel Vincent. Please read the article from Black Shadow Books About http://blackshadowbooks.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-soul-screamers-volume-one-by.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Black Shadow Books